· There have been 27 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Races.
· The first NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race was in 1985.
· 26 have been held at Charlotte Motor Speedway. In 1986, the event was held at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and won by Bill Elliott. That season was also the first year for what is now known as the Sprint Showdown.
· 86 drivers have run in at least one all-star race.
· There have been 19 different winners of the all-star race.
· Mark Martin has participated in 22 races, more than any other driver.
· The race has featured a field that ranged from 10 drivers in 1986 to 27 in 2002.
· Dale Earnhardt (1987, 1990 and 1993) and Jeff Gordon (1995, 1997 and 2001) are the only three-time winners of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.
· There have been eight different winners in the last eight NASCAR Sprint All-Star Races.
· Davey Allison (1991 and 1992), Terry Labonte (1988 and 1999), Mark Martin (1998 and 2005) and Jimmie Johnson (2003 and 2006) are the only other drivers to post multiple victories in the all-star races. Allison is the only driver to ever win consecutive all-star events.
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2000) and Ryan Newman (2002) are the only drivers to win the all-star race in their rookie season.
· Jeff Gordon is the youngest winner of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race at 23 years, 9 months and 18 days (1995). Mark Martin is the oldest at 46 years, 4 months and 12 days (2005).
· In two starts Joey Logano leads the series with an average finish of 5.5 in the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race; followed by Matt Kenseth with a 6.5 average finish in 11 appearances and Tony Stewart with a 7.1 average finish in 13 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race appearances.
· The NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race has been won from the pole position four times; the first three came in consecutive years: Dale Earnhardt (1990) and Davey Allison (1991 and 1992). Kurt Busch posted the fourth win from the pole in 2010.
· The deepest in the field an all-star race winner has started was 27th, by Ryan Newman in 2002.
· Hendrick Motorsports drivers have won six all-star races: Jeff Gordon (three), Jimmie Johnson (two) and Terry Labonte (one).
· Five drivers have won the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship in the same year: Darrell Waltrip (1985), Dale Earnhardt (1987, 1990, 1993), Rusty Wallace (1989), Jeff Gordon (1995, 1997, 2001) and Jimmie Johnson (2006).
· The record for lead changes in a NASCAR Sprint All-Star race is 10 in 2004. The most different leaders is nine in 2002.
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Wins List
Year Driver Year Driver
1985 Darrell Waltrip 1999 Terry Labonte
1986 Bill Elliott 2000 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
1987 Dale Earnhardt 2001 Jeff Gordon
1988 Terry Labonte 2002 Ryan Newman
1989 Rusty Wallace 2003 Jimmie Johnson
1990 Dale Earnhardt 2004 Matt Kenseth
1991 Davey Allison 2005 Mark Martin
1992 Davey Allison 2006 Jimmie Johnson
1993 Dale Earnhardt 2007 Kevin Harvick
1994 Geoff Bodine 2008 Kasey Kahne
1995 Jeff Gordon 2009 Tony Stewart
1996 Michael Waltrip 2010 Kurt Busch
1997 Jeff Gordon 2011 Carl Edwards
1998 Mark Martin 2012 ?
- NASCAR STATISTICS