Friday, March 23, 2012

John Wes Townley Returns to Driver’s Seat of RAB Racing’s NASCAR Truck

RAB Racing with Brack Maggard announced today that John Wes Townley will return to the driver’s seat of their No. 09 Toyota Tundra in next weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Martinsville Speedway.

Townley, 22, served an internally imposed one-race suspension following a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. The violation occurred on Feb. 7.

“We have stood by our commitment to John Wes Townley, and supported him as he has worked through fulfilling what sanctions we’ve placed on him internally, as well as the process that NASCAR has instituted that allows him first, to return to the seat of our Toyota Tundra, and second, to compete on a weekly basis,”said Robby Benton, owner of RAB Racing with Brack Maggard. “It was an unfortunate situation that occurred, and a mistake was made. We now look towards the future and building on a lesson learned. We will work closely with NASCAR and their programs as he returns to full-time competition in the Camping World Truck Series.”

“I want to send my deepest apologies to NASCAR, RAB Racing, my fans, sponsors, family, and friends,” said Townley. “I made a terrible mistake, but I am now ready, having a renewed relationship with God in my life, to move forward making better decisions. Martinsville will be the start of a new chapter in my life, in more ways than one. My future actions will demonstrate where my heart is, and that I am on a mission.”


No comments:

Post a Comment