Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Nine Teams Take Part in Two Day Tire Test
Nine teams shook down tires for Goodyear on Tuesday and Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway ahead of the 55th annual Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Saturday, July 6.
Drivers that participated in both single-car runs and drafting sessions in the tire test were:
• Jamie McMurray (Earnhardt Ganassi Racing)
• Kasey Kahne/Regan Smith (Hendrick Motorsports)
• Danica Patrick (Stewart Haas Racing)
• Greg Biffle (Roush Fenway Racing)
• Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing)
• Michael McDowell (Joe Gibbs Racing)
• Trevor Bayne (Wood Brothers Racing
• Austin Dillon (Circle Sport)
• Carl Edwards (Roush Fenway Racing)
Drivers turned laps under the lights on Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. while Wednesday’s session was during the daytime.
“Goodyear is looking for different compounds and different sidewall constructions and continue to learn about this race track and these cars and tires,” said Biffle, who won the Coke Zero 400 back in 2003. “That’s why we’re here is to help Goodyear and it gives us a chance to learn some stuff, get some data, try a few things to get ready for the summer race.”
- Daytona International Speedway News