NASCAR broadcasters will share the announcing duties with their sons and daughters.
Race fans young and old can listen to a “Turtle Powered” family broadcast of the Bank of America 500 from Charlotte Motor Speedway beginning at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13. A team of prominent NASCAR broadcasters will share the announcing duties with their sons and daughters for a one-of-a-kind production that families are sure to enjoy.
In addition to all of the on-track action of the Bank of America 500, fans will get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Nickelodeon’s animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television show through interviews with the actors behind the famous turtle voices and more.
Special guest commentators include:
• Scott Joy, son of Gaye and Mike Joy and driver of the No. 17 Sunoco Bandolero in the Outlaw class at Charlotte Motor Speedway’s Summer Shootout Series. Scott will join his father Mike, lead anchor for Fox Sports’ NASCAR broadcast team, to kick things off.
• Next up will be former NASCAR, CART and IMSA driver John Andretti and his son, third generation racecar driver and Carolina Motorsports TaG track champion, Jarrett Andretti.
• Then it’s former NASCAR crew chief and current Fox Sports race analyst Larry McReynolds and his daughters Brooke and Kendall McReynolds.
• SPEED Channel pit reporter Bob Dillner and his son, up-and-coming Bandolero racer, Blaise Dillner and daughter Meghan Dillner, experienced driver and Appalachian State University student will be next in the booth.
• Pit reporters for the broadcast will be Ford Martin, son of NASCAR crew chief Gil Martin, and 14-year-old Pro All-Star Series driver Gray Gaulding.
This “Turtle Powered” special presentation will be available on track scanner frequency 454.500 and at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com. For fans at the track, Charlotte Motor Speedway is offering special Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles race scanner rentals for just $19.95. Call 1-800-455-FANS (3267) for more information.
- Charlotte motor Speedway