At New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
· Groundbreaking for New Hampshire International Speedway, as New Hampshire Motor Speedway was originally named, was Aug. 13, 1989.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup race was on July 11, 1993.
· Renamed New Hampshire Motor Speedway in 2008.
· There have been 35 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway; one per year from 1993 through 1996 and two per year since.
· Four drivers have competed in all 35 races: Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Joe Nemechek.
· Mark Martin won the first NASCAR Sprint Cup pole.
· Rusty Wallace won the first NASCAR Sprint Cup race.
· There have been 18 different pole winners, led by Ryan Newman (six).
· 21 different drivers have won, led by Jeff Burton (four).
· Jimmie Johnson (2003) and Kurt Busch (2004) are the only drivers that have posted season sweeps. Those are also the only back-to-back winners.
· Hendrick Motorsports has won nine races, more than any other organization.
· The deepest in the field that a New Hampshire race winner started was 38th, by Jeff Burton in 1999.
· There have been five winners who started from the pole. The last race winner to win from the pole was Ryan Newman last season (7-17-11).
· Jeff Burton led all 300 laps raced in the 2000 fall race.
· Four drivers got their first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win at New Hampshire: Joe Nemechek (1999), Ryan Newman (2002), Clint Bowyer (2007) and Joey Logano (2009).
· Two drivers got their first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole at New Hampshire: Patrick Carpentier (2008) and Brad Keselowski (2010).
· Denny Hamlin (8.4) and Jimmie Johnson (9.9) are the only two active drivers with an average finish at NHMS in the top 10.
· Jeff Gordon has led the most NASCAR Sprint Cup Series laps all-time at New Hampshire at 1,309.
· Last season’s fall event (9/25/11) at NHMS tied the records for most all-time leaders (15), and fewest laps led by the winner (2) – Tony Stewart won the race.
· Youngest NASCAR Sprint Cup Series New Hampshire Motor Speedway winner: Joey Logano (06/28/2009 – 19 years, 1 month, 4 days).
· Oldest NASCAR Sprint Cup Series New Hampshire Motor Speedway winner: Mark Martin (09/20/2009 – 50 years, 8 months, 11 days).
NASCAR in New Hampshire
· There have been 35 NASCAR Sprint Cup races in New Hampshire, all at NHMS.
· 14 drivers in NASCAR’s three national series (all-time) are listed as New Hampshire natives.
· There has been one race winner from New Hampshire in NASCAR’s three national series: Jamie Aube. Aube, from Manchester, won a NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Oxford Plains Speedway in 1987.
New Hampshire Motor Speedway Data
Chase Race #: 2 of 10
Season Race #: 28 of 36 (09-23-12)
Track Size: 1.058-mile
Variable Banking/Turns: 2 & 7 degrees
Banking/Straights: 1 degree
Frontstretch Length: 1,500 feet
Backstretch Length: 1,500 feet
Race Length: 300 laps / 317.4 miles